Stann Givens is a Founding Partner of Givens Law Group. He is the recipient of the "Lawyer of the Year" award for Tampa Family Law by The Best Lawyers in America, has received the highest Martindale-Hubbell® rating of AV Preeminent™, and recently had the honor of the Family Law Inn of Tampa renaming themselves in his honor to be the Stann W. Givens Family Law American Inn of Court of Tampa.
Stann was the president of the Florida chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and wrote the chapter on alimony for the Florida Bar’s book on the dissolution of marriage. He is well-respected throughout Florida for his achievements in the field of family law.
Stann received his education at Bucknell University where he graduated with his Bachelor of Science in Mathematics. He then went on to Florida State University College of Law where he graduated with his Juris Doctorate in 1973. He is admitted to practice by the Supreme Court of Florida, in all Florida State Courts, and before the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
Select Honors and Distinctions
- Voted to The Best Lawyers in America list since 1998
- Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers® since 2006
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys Top 10
- Rated 10/10 “Superb” on Avvo
- Certified Family Law Mediator
- Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Marital and Family Law
- Recipient of the Outstanding Community Service Award from the Boys Club of Greater Tampa
- Named the 2018 'Top Lawyer- Family Law' in Tampa in the 'Top Lawyers Edition' of Tampa Magazine
Stann Givens frequently represents many high-profile clients, such as professional athletes, celebrities, and leaders in business. He handles all areas of divorce and family law.