Stann Givens is a Founding Partner of Givens Law Group. He is a past Chairman of the Florida Bar Board-Certification Committee for Marital and Family Law, which tests and selects which Florida Attorneys would earn board certification in marital and family law. He is also recipient of the "Lawyer of the Year" award for Tampa Family Law by The Best Lawyers in America, has received the highest Martindale-Hubbell® rating of AV Preeminent™, and recently had two honors bestowed upon him, one was the Family Law Inn of Tampa renamed themselves in his honor to be the Stann W. Givens Family Law American Inn of Court of Tampa. The other is the receipt of the Hillsborough County Bar Association Professionalism award that is given to one lawyer in private practice each year.
Stann was the president of the Florida chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and wrote the chapter on alimony for the Florida Bar’s book on the dissolution of marriage. He is well-respected throughout Florida for his achievements in the field of family law.
Stann received his education at Bucknell University where he graduated with his Bachelor of Science in Mathematics. He then went on to Florida State University College of Law where he graduated with his Juris Doctorate in 1973. He is admitted to practice by the Supreme Court of Florida, in all Florida State Courts, and before the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
Select Honors and Distinctions
- Voted to The Best Lawyers in America list since 1998
- 2021 Hillsborough County Bar Associations (HCBA) Professionalism Award
- Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers® since 2006
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys Top 10
- Rated 10/10 “Superb” on Avvo
- Certified Family Law Mediator
- Former Chairman of the Florida Bar Board-Certification Committee for Marital and Family Law
- Recipient of the Outstanding Community Service Award from the Boys Club of Greater Tampa
- Named the 2018 'Top Lawyer- Family Law' in Tampa in the 'Top Lawyers Edition' of Tampa Magazine
Stann Givens frequently represents many high-profile clients, such as professional athletes, celebrities, and leaders in business. He handles all areas of divorce and family law.