Elder Emotional Abuse
Is Your Loved One The Victim Of Abuse?
Emotional abuse, while not always as easy to identify as other more visible forms of abuse, can cause serious damage to your loved one’s mental state and health. Also known as psychological abuse, some common types of abuse that victims can face include:
- Demeaning, scapegoating or blaming the victim
- Ridicule and/or humiliation
- Ignoring their needs
- Menacing or terrorizing behavior
- Preventing them from attending special occasions
- Isolating them from friends and family
- Yelling and/or berating
- Use of threatening behavior
Call us at (813) 518-7941 to discuss your situation with a member of our firm today.
If you are looking to bring in legal assistance to help you secure the protection your abused loved one needs, our Tampa elder abuse attorneys at Givens Givens Sparks are ready to hear your story. Our team has more than 135 years of collective experience under their belts, and have helped thousands of families and individuals secure the legal outcome they deserve. Contact us today to give us the details of your case and let us work with you to put together a plan of action that best suits your needs.
Warning Signs To Keep An Eye Out For
It can be difficult to know for sure whether or not your loved one is being abused, especially if they aren’t willing or able to fully explain their situation. Some key signs to look out for include:
- Avoiding eye contact
- Low self-esteem
- Appearing withdrawn or depressed
- Increased levels of shyness
- Seeming hopeless, scared and/or disturbed
- Aggression or violence towards others
- Dramatic mood swings
- Changes to sleeping or eating patterns
- Being prevented from seeing friends and family
- Being prevented from attending special occasions
Find Your Loved One The Support They Need
Emotional abuse is an incredibly stressful and difficult situation to manage for any victims involved, as well as their loved ones looking to support them. In order to ensure that your loved one receives the help they need, bringing in legal assistance may be the best decision. Our Tampa elder abuse lawyers at Givens Givens Sparks are committed to providing our clients with the passionate and knowledgeable legal representation they require, and will continue to do so as long as we can help those in need. Call us at (813) 518-7941 to discuss your situation over the phone, or fill out our online form today to give us the details of your case.